happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

2.05.2012

Lemon Citrus Cupcakes



So I used this recipe to make a cake for my ex's 30th birthday and it was a huge hit.  I wanted to make new memories with this recipe as well as change it up a little so I made cupcakes instead (yeah, I know, living on the edge here).  I personally think it's better as a cake but it was still a success in these delectable miniature forms. If you choose to make cupcakes with this recipe, I would suggest using a little more butter in the icing and not putting much icing on the cupcakes as it is RICH.  The cake itself is light with a hint of citrus and the icing is, as I mentioned, extremely rich and creamy.  The zest in the icing is not only a flavorful addition but really creates a visually pleasing dessert.  This would be a great summertime treat!


Lemon-Orange Cake Recipe Here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena