happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

2.10.2012

The Infamous Carrot Cake


This was my first attempt at Carrot Cake, had I known it was 8/10 people's favorite cake I would have been making it long ago!  The recipe for the cake is below, but I used Paula Deen's recipe for the frosting (will post later) thanks to a recommendation from my Aunt Catherine.  She was definitely right, an amazing frosting recipe by Ms. Deen!  :)   Also by recommendation of the Carrot Cake Connoisseur  (Richard) I used a recipe that incorporated crushed pineapple...I know, it sounds bizarre and otherworldly, but it's actually quite delicious.  This cake was extremely moist and flavorful - my only suggestion is to make sure your grated carrots are small enough.  The ones I labored over for hours *cough*and by labor I mean bought and opened the bag of grated carrots from the grocery store*cough* were almost more of a julienne cut and although they weren't bad, I felt they were more noticeable then they should have been.  Everyone gave rave reviews so this will be added to my cake bible.  Anywho, this cake diva needs her beauty rest so until next time, happy baking!!


Carrot Cake Recipe Here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena