happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

3.18.2012

Dirt Cake


My fondest memories of Dirt Cake will always be when my mom would make it for the Kentucky Derby parties back in Louisville.  Mine are not as elaborate as the ones she would make (I remember it being made to look like the Churchill Downs track for those).  The picture I'm posting is a single serving but the recipe makes a ton of this delectable treat.  It's a great dessert to help cool down a warm day and it doesn't sit too heavy so I like to make it in spring/summer.  For kids (and for those who are still kids at heart) it's also fun to hide a gummy worm within the layers - the person who finds it in their serving can get a prize, as if finding a gummy worm in your cake isn't good enough!  


Dirt Cake Recipe:


Crush 2 Rows of Oreos - easiest way to do this is in a food processor 

(I personally like to use the double stuffed Oreos and I usually use about 2.5 rows)


Blend:

1/2 Stick Butter

1 Pkg 8oz Cream Cheese

1 C Powdered Sugar

12 oz Cool Whip


Mix:

2 Boxes French Vanilla Pudding

3 1/2  C Milk


Combine the two mixtures and layer with the crushed Oreos, ending with Oreos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena