happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

1.20.2012

I imagine the only word that could describe this cake is something spoken in Italian...my god, I wish I were fluent!


So pictured above is the Chocolate Genoise Cake I made tonight - aka: Edible Heaven That Might Not Make It To See Tomorrow.  The pictures do not do it justice.  Seriously, I have been sitting here (whilst devouring my share) trying to come up with a way to describe this cake and can't come up with anything beyond "mm-mmmm" and "oh my GAWD".  I try my best, but take another bite for possible inspiration and all focus goes out the window. It's a rich chocolate sponge cake (doused in an orange liqueur syrup), layered with chocolate mousse filling and fresh raspberries.  YUM!!  The only thing I might change is I would either add a layer of mashed raspberries to the center or top it off with a light raspberry syrup.  I also saved some of the chocolate mousse filling to affix the raspberries to the top of the cake.  I've included a link below to the recipe and I highly encourage everyone to make this as soon as humanly possible, or otherwise risk perishing without having been able to enjoy this epicurean delight - and trust me, that would be a huge mistake.

Chocolate Genoise Cake Recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena