happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

8.17.2012

Banana Pudding Cupcakes






Do you remember when you were a kid and you were enticed by that amazing aroma and warm gooey pudding? These cupcakes pay homage to the wonderful dessert that is Banana Pudding (if only I had thought to sprinkle 'Nilla Wafers on top!). This is going to be one of my top 3 faves so far for a few reasons. I FINALLY figured out why my cakes were coming out a little dense (yay), they have lots of fruit so I can claim they're somewhat healthy, they remind me of one of my favorite childhood desserts & to put it simply, they taste divine! While these babes are baking, the aroma is heavenly. I typically don't taste test before serving, but I could not resist these and was NOT disappointed...I do believe giggling may have been involved upon first bite. Anywho, if I haven't made my stance clear yet, I would highly recommend these so enjoy!


Banana Pudding Cupcakes

This recipe is adapted from Big Book of Cupcakes

Cupcake Recipe:

1 1/2 C Mashed Bananas (I believe I used 4-5 and just used a ziploc bag to mash)
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 C Butter, softened
2 C Sugar
3 Large Eggs
3 C Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 C Buttermilk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tins with liners OR thoroughly grease the pans.
Combine Bananas and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until JUST until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and reserved banana mixture.
Fill cupcake pans 2/3 the way full and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely.


Once Cupcakes are cooled completely, fill each cupcake (generously) with Banana Curd.

Banana Curd:
4 Large Ripe Bananas, mashed (again, with the ziploc trick)
4 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4 Large Eggs


Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over med-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens to a pudding texture. DO NOT BOIL! Cool completely (I made this while the cakes were baking and let it cool in the fridge while they cooled on the racks).


Finally, top the whole shabang off with some fresh whipped cream and a banana slice.
My personal favorite recipe for fresh whipped cream is below - you will want to make extra for snack time later... :)

Take 1 C heavy whipping cream and beat in stand mixer on med-high speed until almost stiff. Add 1 tsp vanilla and about 1/4 C Sugar and beat until peaks form. Voila!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena