happiness is homemade, as are all the goodies here

10.06.2012

Apple Cider Cupcakes








One of my favorite things about fall is hot cider and a recent request led me to a new recipe for Apple Cider Cupcakes. These were delicious - even warm out of the oven with no icing. But, I would highly suggest the icing as well! The combo of this cake and icing provides a solid 1-2 punch of autumn and makes me want to snuggle in a blanket on the couch with a good book and a mug of cider...or another cider cupcake. I was requested to make cupcakes for a baby shower so I've included a pic of the Apple Cider cupcake as well as my favorite red velvet and very vanilla cupcakes that were sent. Since the shower order was only for a dozen each I took the rest in to work and they were gone in a flash. I'm so glad my coworkers indulge their sweet teeth! :)



Apple Cider Cupcakes w. Apple Cider Frosting


Cupcake Recipe:

1 Box Spice Cake Mix
1 1/3 C Apple Cider
1/3 C Apple Sauce
2 Egg Whites
2 Eggs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners.
Blend all ingredients until moistened. Beat on Medium speed for about 2 minutes and pour into pan(s).
Bake for 14-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let sit about 5 mins in pans and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.


Icing Recipe:

1/2 C Butter, softened
8oz Cream Cheese, softened
2-4 Tbsp Apple Cider
1 tsp Cinnamon
3-4 C Powdered Sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese for about 5 minutes. Add the apple cider and cinnamon. Gradually blend in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until fully incorporated.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Confections of a Modern Woman, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena